While coronavirus spreads across the globe, Hollywood is taking a hit as some of its brightest stars have been diagnosed with the illness.
Between film, television, and music, a handful of celebrities have come forward and announced that they’ve tested positive for coronavirus and entered self-isolation.
Here’s a look at the stars who have tested positive for COVID-19 amid the global outbreak:
– Tom Hanks, 63, one of America’s most iconic actors, revealed that he tested positive for coronavirus while in Australia to film a movie.
Since then, he’s offered fans several updates on his condition, assuring fans that he’s well taken care of and urging them to be diligent and proactive about the virus and staying safe.
– Rita Wilson, 63, the wife of Hanks, also fell ill with her hubby Down Under.
She seemed to be in good spirits, however, as she shared her playlist that she’s been listening to while in quarantine, which includes Billy Idol’s “Dancing with Myself,” the Bee Gees’ “Night Fever,” MC Hammer’s “U Can’t Touch This” and more.
On March 28, Hanks told fans that he and Wilson were back in California and that they were sheltering in place.
– Idris Elba announced on March 16 that he tested positive for coronavirus despite being asymptomatic.
Since then, the 47-year-old actor has updated his fans, saying that he’s “feeling OK,” and urging followers to take care of themselves.
– Known for his role in “Game of Thrones,” Kristofer Hivju, 41, told the world about his COVID-19 diagnosis on March 16.
In his Instagram post, he explained that he’s in “good health” and asked fans to “be careful, wash your hands” and maintain the proper distance between themselves and others.
– “Quantum of Solace” Bond girl Olga Kurylenko, 40, announced on March 15 that she tested positive for the novel virus.
The actress explained that she was denied a hospital bed because the facility was full amid the crisis.